Sunday 26 June 2011

Learning about Writing.

So earlier I hit a minor writer's block. Nothing serious mind you but something that would delay the writing process for longer then I wanted. I wasn't sure where to go next, whether to start writing or to look at my plot more indepth. Reading Terry Brooks wasn't working so I decided to visit a couple of forums I frequent. One of them is the SmackJeeves forum.
Now, SJ is devoted to webcomics I will admit and yes.. I write and draw a webcomic myself. It's home to a fairly successful group of webcomicers as well. One of them is Gibson Twist whose comic 'Pictures of You' is, I've been told pretty good. It's a bit to wordy for my tastes but I can appreciate the art and writing for their quality, even if the content is something I'm not interested in. Anyway, he also writes tutorials for writing, both webcomic scripts and prose. I read the one he'd posted on SJ forums and it really helped me figure out where to go next. You can find it here: Gibson Twist's Writing tutorials It's got information that'd be useful for all levels of writing both beginners and experienced writers. If you're having trouble with any part of the writing process I'd suggest checking it out.
Back to the me doing a webcomic thing. It's still a baby, there's not even a single page up yet. I'm not happy with the banner either, both for the forums and the site itself. Meh, it'll get sorted eventually. I've just got to find a way to juggle the webcomic and the novel I'm writing. For the curious though, here's a quick glimpse of the banner for the site itsel.
The text isn't quite right but like I've said, I'll sort it.

No comments:

Post a Comment