Thursday 3 November 2011

NaNoWriMo, Day Three


So NaNoWriMo has hit its third day, at least for most countries east of the UK. I have, rather surprisingly, reached 10,000 words already. I was shocked to be honest when by the end of the first day I’d managed to hit 5,000 and then when yesterday rolled around and I finally finished my writing for the day I saw I’d reached 10,000 words! If I can keep writing at this rate I should hopefully hit the word count by the 10th of November. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I want to hit higher than the 50,000 word goal of NaNo though and actually finish my novel. That could mean that I am, finally, able to submit a novel for publication. 

That is my main goal in life, to be published. I’m willing to work jobs that don’t really have anywhere to progress to so that I have enough time to write and create. I don’t know if I’m good enough to become a writer, all I know is that I have enough ideas that need working on to keep editors busy for years. I can see how what I’m writing now can progress into a seies, full of characters and reality clashing with the supernatural. My only real problem in writing novels is that I’ve never actually gotten around to finishing one. Hopefully NaNo may change all that.

I keep hearing all these horror stories about it though. I suppose most of them come from people who are juggling other things such as children, work and university rather than an unemployed layabout like me. I am doing daily chores for my mother before I start writing though so it’s not as though I’m spending my days sat on my backside watching Jeremy Kyle and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment