Monday 8 October 2012

RoW80 Check-in


So... a little bit about whether or not I’m reaching my goals.

· Plan/write NaNoWriMo 2012 - pleased
This one is actually going quite well. I’ve managed to get a rough outline of the entire story and I’m slowly working out the details. I’ve even got names for two of the main characters.

· Edit one chapter of Darkling Watch Book 1 a day – very dissappointed
This one sort of stalled. Despite all my hopes for this novel (to be explained in a later post) it seems that I’ve actually lost the will to edit it right now. I’ve got a large chunk of it done though so I don’t feel too bad about not doing it. I’m more annoyed with myself for being inexplicably lazy about doing this.

· Finish and edit The Feral Diaries; Book 1 – middle ground
Originally I planned to write one entry a day and then go back and edit. I’ve not been doing that though. I’ve written a couple of entries but mostly I’ve been working out the logistics of what my characters are doing as well as going back through the entries I’ve already written and figuring out what I need to build on more. Oh and I’ve been working on a blog post to tell you all about it.

· Plan The Feral Diaries; Book 2 once a week – a bit meh.
I haven’t done much planning at all for Book 2 yet. I think a lot of that comes from the fact that Book 1 isn’t finished so I don’t really have an idea of where my characters are going to be by the beginning of Book 2. I have managed to get a little bit of outlining done for events that I want to happen in that book so I’m going to count this one as a success, barely.

· Outline and plan o.S.a.M twice a week – fail
I haven’t done any outlining on o.S.a.M all week. Not a single bit. I plan to do a bit today and providing I don’t get too tied up in writing The Feral Diaries I will hopefully have something to count as this week’s planning/outlining.

· Blog at least twice a week. – win
I’m pleased with myself for this one. I managed to write both a RoW80 post and a general post about my thoughts for the week and I actually put it up there. So this is a big win for me – two posts in one week that weren’t both RoW centric. Haven’t done that in about a year I don’t think.

And now on to one of my secret personal goals. I managed to get around to altering the appearance of my blog, as you can probably tell if you’re reading it. Before I wasn’t happy with it, it was all so blue and purple. Now though it’s a bit more attractive, if a little dark. I’m planning on talking with some friends who know about this stuff and hopefully I’ll have a new, better design soon. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I've been where you are when it comes to editing. Sometimes it's SO hard to make ourselves do it when the actual writing is so much more fun. But the good thing about editing is when you're done you're usually ready to publish! :)

    ReplyDelete